Saturday, October 4, 2008

October Already?

Isn't it hard to believe? I just decorated today for Fall. Wasn't really sure if I was ready for that, but now that it's done I'm glad I did. Now, I'm anxious to go to our local Cider Mill. We have already purchased some of the honeycrisp apples. I'm not sure that these are available in other states, but they are the best!! We have been keeping very busy with school/work routine. Amber is in 11th grade this year and has 15 students in her piano teaching, so that keeps her very busy. Clayton is in 4th grade.

We are to have our Missionary Representatives, the Asburys, with us for a special service tomorrow. It's always great to have them here! I'm planning a traditional ham dinner. Bro. Asbury is gluten intolerant so I have fixed a black cherry jello salad and peanut butter cookies especially for him. I also usually have ice cream, because I know that's a dessert he can eat.

We have received news this past week that some dear friends, Harold & Chris Black, from our church will be moving away to St. Louis, MO. due to a job transfer. We will greatly miss them!

Next week is our area IHC Convention with Jim Plank and Don Bates Jr. We look forward to that.

That's all for now. Who knows? Next time I update, it may be Christmas! Hopefully, though, there will be time between now and then.









Amber just returned from spending a week in IN. She was a nanny to my sister's boys while she and her husband were away in California. She learned what it was like to be in charge of a household, which involved getting up to take my nephew to school each day, etc. It worked out really well. They were able to celebrate my Dad's b-day while she was there, which was a really fun time.











Here's a new interest Clayton has... card stacking. I thought it was pretty cool!

1 comment:

Karen Walden said...

Tell Don Bates Jr that Jonathan and I said Hello! He is a good friend of Jonathan's.

Enjoyed your October update!