Friday, January 30, 2009

Routine

It's great to be in the routine of daily life after the Christmas and New Year hoopla. I love the holidays, but I tend to be a methodical kind of gal. We are moving right along with homeschooling this year. Dan helps with this, which is quite nice! I work 3-4 afternoons each week. I started cleaning houses about the middle of last year. I have really been blessed with some wonderful clients! One family has three children; I am there about 10 1/2 hrs. each week. They have really provided a great opportunity for me. This is the only place where I do laundry. Laundry is one job I really enjoy, so this works out just fine with me. The other house which I clean each week is very large, including 7 bathrooms. Fortunately, I only clean one level each week. The couple is absolutely awesome! She started really spoiling me by having on her modern-day player piano around the holidays. It's quite amazing! She likes some of the classical music that I enjoy, so it makes the work pleasurable. The other two cleanings are bi-weekly.

We have had our share of snow and cold weather. I believe we have had snow since Nov., with about 14" being the most accumulation. I love it!

This past Sunday we had our annual Sanctity of Human Life service at church. It's always good to be reminded of the value God has placed upon life. With tender compassion I would love to one day know that I have in some way been a persuasive voice for the aborted child or the euthanized elder person of our nation.

Quote for the Week:
"If we teach a young mother it is okay to take the life of her own child in the womb, we inevitably pull the thread that permeates the entire garment of the sanctity of life — forever."– Martin Palmer, pro-life advocate

No comments: