Monday, January 21, 2008

A Very Impressive Cookbook!


Yesterday, Sherri Wolfe's mother gave me a copy of the beautiful new cookbook by the Women of Worth group in Hobe Sound, FL. The title is Kitchen Komforts. If you cook alot and sometimes go through the "What shall I fix for dinner today?" syndrome, this book is for you!! There are over 1,000 very practical recipes (which look to be extremely delicious!), and I'm so anxious to try them. Several names which I recognize have contributed their family recipes or recipes which have been a hit at church gatherings through the years. I noticed that you may order the book by sending $20.00 plus $4.00 shipping and handling to: Ruth Vernon, 8606 SE Alabama Place, Hobe Sound, FL 33455 (Also, I heard that they were going to be made available at IHC this year.)

I'm especially looking forward to trying:
Baked Vidalia Onion Dip
Blueberry Breakfast Sauce
Bonnymill Baked Eggs (A breakfast casserole which doesn't call for bread)
Cinnabon Rolls
Amish Barbequed Hamburgers
Rich and Creamy Potato Bake
Ho-Ho Cake
Easy Elegant No-Bake Cheesecake
Just to name a few...

5 comments:

A Peek Into My Life said...

Oh my! Those recipes sound delicious! :) I love cookbooks!

Cheryl Watters said...

I imagine Dan will be thrilled when you do the Vidalia Onion recipe (SMILE). I like those onions, believe it or not and I am a Plemmons. Amazing!! Great post!

Tamra said...

Sounds like my kind of recipes. I just might have to get that book!

tacomom said...

You're making me hungry? Is this a cookbook that one who doesn't like to be in the kitchen would enjoy? (sigh!) I wish I liked to cook :( It would make my husband so happy. But I do LOVE easy recipes with ingredients that I actually have on hand...

Patty said...

Leah~ Thanks for your comments on my blog. Help yourself to the pictures.