Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Disappearing Act!



We've been having a time keeping track of our car keys! Tuesday, I started to leave for work, but couldn't find my keys. I quickly summoned the other members of the household, and we started the search. At first, I knew I could use Dan's, but his were missing too. Go figure! :-)
Finally, I believe it was Amber who saved the day and found one of our sets. I got to work and entered the break room in a flurry, kind of muttering all the details of my aformentioned dilemma to those around me. I was able to clock in to work with 1 precious minute to spare!
The evening went fairly well, and then we all clocked out about 11:00 p.m. (due to the new holiday hours).
As we were all preparing to leave, I realized, ONCE AGAIN, that I couldn't find my keys.
This time I had locked them in my car!
Lord knows, I'm the EXTREMELY reluctant type to have to ask someone for a favor, especially on account of my thoughtless behaviour! Not to mention the time involved,
11:00 p.m.
In the meantime, I had a dear co-worker who offered to take me home and then back to work. (Fortunately, someone had found Dan's set by then.) I only live 5 min. away. I was so very grateful for the extra mile she went to help me out. After a day like
this, I've been advised to get an extra made to have in my wallet. Chances are, I'd lose my wallet.:-) I guess it's usually not that bad!
Actually, Amber is using my keys probably more than I have been lately. We still need to have a set made for her too. It's awesome to have a Chauffeur!

2 comments:

Cheryl Watters said...

Sounds like you have had quite a time. Amber is going to have to take care of you. HMMM!!! It is time to get you back to 'the home'? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! My kids are always picking on me about getting me back to the home. Hope things go better this week.

Unknown said...

This sounds so familiar! It seems when you need then in a hurry... that's when you can't find them! Travis has an extra set... thankfully! Tell Amber keep up the good work! She's such a good player! I really enjoy hearing her! Take care! I enjoy your blog spot!